Tuesday, June 23, 2009

iPhone HD


There has been a lot of buzz lately over the fact that the iPhone 3GS is 720p video capable. I for one had been sitting around wondering why on earth, if Apple was already standing at the finish line, they wouldn't cross it. It was during a conversation with my brother Jordan, that I then realized the truth. Why would anyone cross a finish line if they were laps ahead of the competition. It is competition that breeds success, and Apple has definitely succeeded.
My Brother made the comment "Gotta hold out on features so they can seem like they are adding lots." It clicked. I realized that Apple likely already had the next incarnation of the iPhone prepared. It is probably way past drawings, and likely already has a prototype developed. I am sure they have already changed the chipset. I am sure they are already tapping into more storage, more ram. I am definitely positive they are looking for ways to expand their "App Store" I am 200% sure they have tapped into the 720p Capabilities on the camera. In my opinion, they will definitely add zoom capacity to the camera. As well as add certain effects. I think the next stage for Apple will be to make the iPhone, not only a smaller netbook, an amazing phone, and a hell of a way to play games. Their main focus must be on making it the only media device you need in your pocket. Forget a digital camera, forget a camcorder. Everything you will need will be in one sleek little device labeled with a bite out of it. Due to the fact that I am so convinced Apple will focus on the Camera/Video functionality of the next iPhone, I am sure they will call it quite simply: iPhone HD.
What do you think? Do you think I am way off base? Have I lost my rocker? Should I just stick to the Home Theatre stuff and let all the apple engineers worry about their iPhone? I am curious to hear from you, and encourage you to share my posts with others.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with apple being far ahead of the competiton. Microsofts new adds of children as young as 4 is just their awful attempt of countering the highely successful apple adds, which repeatedly makes pc look terrible.

    As for the iPhone HD, while I agree the technology is already there. I believe you are off on the name. As we can see from Microsoft changing names of products tend to lead into issues. How many different OS has micro had that have all had different names but did pretty much the same thing as it's last counter part. Apple is knowen for their simplistic user friendly products and I just see them just increasing the number. Like iPhone 5g or something. Also I think HD isn't as rare as it us to be and the name toe feels bland

    ReplyDelete