Tuesday, June 30, 2009

iWT Library



Brothers and Sisters, I want to welcome you and hope that this helps you in achieving what you want to do. If you need help please don’t hesitate to email me, or for those of you that know my cell phone number, feel free to give me a call. I did this using a mac, so that is what I will be outlining today, I am sure that there are ways to do it on a PC but since I stay away from them as much as possible I will not be explaining that method.

Now this isn’t the easiest task in the world. But once it goes it is really quite simple. I however, tried this same method months ago. I am thankful that I held on to the very very hard to find file that you need to upload on the iPhone that contains all of the Library. That is my main purpose of this blog entry, to make it easy for you to find the files that you need to upload. There are two files. The first file is the WT Index, and the second file is the WT LIBRARY FULL.

The first thing you need to do, is go to the app store and download the app called “iSilo” it should cost $9.99 + applicable taxes. After you have that program and it’s on your iphone, download the two files I mentioned above here:


WT LIBRARY FULL

WT INDEX


Now that you have downloaded both of those files to your computer. Here is where the fun begins. Make sure that you are on a wireless internet connection and that you are plugged into Mac via the usb cable.

DO NOT LET YOUR IPHONE SLEEP DURING THIS PROCESS, IF YOU NEED TO TURN AUTO-LOCK OFF: DO THIS

  1. Open iSilo, and you should see some links at the bottom of the app. And three dots in the top right,
  2. Tap the three dots.
  3. Tap on the link for server - Now you should see file server view
  4. You will see a subsection labeled ‘Enable Server’
  5. Make sure that When is selected to Always, and that your status is on.
  6. under server address you should see an address like http://jeff-s-iphone.local:8080 - Write this down (case sensitive)
  7. You should also see a subsection that says ‘Access’ - ‘Require password’ Tap that
  8. Select on
  9. Create a user name and password
  10. Now on your Mac go to ‘Go’ and select ‘Connect to Server’ - OR - Just hit command + K on your keyboard
  11. Type in address that you wrote down in step 7
  12. click on Connect
  13. It will ask you for the user name and password that you created, enter those in and select OK
  14. Now a finder window will open displaying the contents in that app.
  15. Now locate the two files you downloaded earlier and drag and drop them into this window, let the Copy complete,
  16. Eject the server, disconnect your iphone and launch iSilo
  17. Select the portion of the Watchtower Library that you would like to use

No comments:

Post a Comment